Words: Ten cool films about music / 音樂電影 精彩十部
From Hong Kong hip-hop, to 60-something year-old DJs, and disabled people creating dance tunes, here are some features about music that will kick your ass.
1) DJ Fresh & Mindtunes: A track created only by the mind Take new technology that can create sound from brainwaves, DJ Fresh, and a group of seriously disabled music fans and create an epic club tune. Empowering and poignant to see their project make it out to the clubs.
2) DJ Derek Want to DJ but feel too young, old, inexperienced or just fucking useless? Bristol-based DJ Derek is in his 60s, and he shows that you don’t need expensive equipment, fireworks, or any other bullshit to be great. Part two here.
3) RIP: A Remix Manifesto A movie about mash-up artist Girl Talk, and the future of music. How are fights against freedom of information and copyright blocking creativity? What is copying, what is originality? Who owns music? “This movie is about a war, a war over ideas. The battleground is the internet.”
4) PressPausePlay When access to music, art and video is democraticised through the internet and advanced technology, does the audience have too much power to control art? And what are the results on what the artist does? This documentary talks to international filmmakers, artists, musicians, and composers to find out.
5) Napster: Culture of Free Before the days of Spotify, YouTube, and downloads, music was bought in shops. Napster changed all that in 1999. This is the story of how music would never be the same again.
6) My Son the DJ: Laidback Luke Is DJ culture just about champagne, girls and glory? Look at this short film with superstar Laidback Luke, which will turn all the stereotypes on their head. A refreshingly honest look at the international DJ as a family man.
7) It Might Get Loud What happens when The White Stripes’ Jack White, Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page, and U2’s The Edge meet to talk shop? Find out as three rock legends discuss music inspirations, experiences, and play tunes.
8) Take One EDM has its critics, who say it is vapid, instantly gratifying, and has no depth. Still, Swedish House Mafia show there is an art to creating dance music candy for the masses. And with the inimitable lines like: “I’m going to fuck this nightclub in the pussy,” “Shit fucking organised shit,” and “I don’t want to sit with 15 people; my head is in my DJ set,” what’s not to like?
9) LMF – Dare Ya How did a group of underachieving kids become the millennium success story Lazy Mutha Fucka, and inspire a new generation of Hong Kong kids to love hip-hop and create music? It’s all in here.
10) Tableturnz What is it like to be a DJ in Hong Kong? Bon Pang and Kwok Leung talked to Ghost Style, Roy Malig, DJ Gruv, DJ Yin, Jonathan Chan, Mastamic, Frankie Lam, DJ K-Melo and other city legends to find out.
從香港Hip hop, 到六十歲的DJ 以致傷健人士創作的舞曲，以下介紹的音樂特色絕對令你五體投地。
- DJ Fresh & Mindtunes: A track created only by the mind使用創新科技令腦電波變成音樂，DJ Fresh 和一群嚴重傷殘的樂迷創作了經典的派對舞曲。聽到他們的音樂在各大夜店播出真的令人對人生又有希望！
- DJ Derek 也到DJ 界參一腳了，不過究竟他是太老太嫩還是沒經驗又沒用呢？六十多歲的布里斯本人DJ Derek 證明了不需要昂貴器材，燦爛煙火和其他有的沒的也可以做好音樂。下一部份按此。
- RIP: A Remix Manifesto是一部關於混音串燒藝人Girl Talk 香音樂未來的電影。究竟自由資訊和版權的爭議如何阻礙創意產業？甚麼是抄襲，甚麼是原創？誰擁有音樂？換句話說，這部電影就告訴你這場創意的戰爭，而且網絡就是戰場！
- Napster: Culture of Free在這個YouTube，各大音樂軟體和論壇當道的年代前，音樂是要在實體商店購買的。但Napster 卻在1999年改變了一切。影片告訴你音樂從此變得不一樣。
- My Son the DJ: Laidback Luke DJ 文化是只關於香檳、美女和光環嗎？看看這段關於巨星Laidback Luke 的短片就可以令人改變對DJ界的印象了。令人驚訝的是這名國際知名DJ 竟是顧家好男人！
- It Might Get Loud當The White Stripe的Jack White，Led Zeppelin的Jimmy Page和U2的The Edge相遇時，會發生甚麼事呢？這影片就告訴你三個搖滾之神對音樂的靈感、經驗和播放音軌！
- Take One EDM 的音樂有人說是膚淺、平淡的。可是瑞典制作公司Mafia展示出制作平易近人的大眾舞曲還是藝術的一種。有很多上腦歌詞例如I’m going to fuck this nightclub in the pussy， Shit fucking organized shit和I don’t want to sit with 15 people; my head is in my DJ set， 就令人無法自拔啊！
- LMF – Dare Ya一班讀書唔成的少年如何搖身一變成為名星？Lazy Mutha Fucka講你知佢地點令年青港人喜愛Hip hop 同創作。快啲睇啦！
- Tableturnz喺香港做DJ係點架呢？Bon Pang 同Kwok Leung 同你講Ghost Style, Roy Malig, DJ Gruv, DJ Yin, Jonathan Chan, Mastamic, Frankie Lam, DJ K-Melo同其他城中名人。